Welcome to SC.gov! SC.gov is the official government Web portal for the State of South Carolina. This portal was developed to help you find information and services from both state and local government offices and information relative to South Carolina all in one place. If you can't find what you need, please visit the Help Center for assistance.
Check out SC.gov’s promotional video!
Who We Are
SC.gov is a collaborative, public-private partnership between the State of South Carolina and South Carolina Interactive, LLC. South Carolina Interactive, LLC is a subsidiary of NIC, the nation's leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions.
SC.gov's objective is to be at the forefront of eGovernment and provide citizens and agencies with state-of-the-art web services and Internet tools to facilitate doing business with government in a secure, convenient and cost-effective way. SC.gov offers state and local government entities the expertise to automate routine, time-consuming tasks into interactive web-enabled applications for citizens and businesses, as well as streamlining government processes.
SC.gov is powered by a team of 19 professionals that provide SC government with efficient, cost-effective ways to develop and maintain online services for all South Carolinians. We offer the following services to all state and local government entities within South Carolina:
- Application development — We design and build online, device responsive and mobile applications that are accessible and available to South Carolinians anytime, anywhere. Examples include licensing, permits, filings, data searches, etc.
- Technology solutions — We manage the infrastructure, hosting, networking, quality assurance, and security for each online application.
- Payment processing — Our secure, PCI-compliant payment solution, Palmetto Pay, enables state and local government entities to accept credit and debit card and electronic check payments securely and conveniently over the counter or via the Internet.
- Web site hosting and design — Palmetto SiteBuilder, our content management system enables our state and local government partners to create and maintain professional-looking web sites.
- Event Registration — Palmetto Event Registration, our web-based system enables state and local government entities to configure events and registration forms and manage events and allows users to register and pay for events securely and efficiently.
- Mobile Event Agenda — MyEvents2Go allows state and local government entities to easily set up event agendas and related event information so that it’s available to user’s on their mobile device.
- Online Storefront — Palmetto Online Storefront enables state and local government entities to offer and sell merchandise and tangible goods online to the public and accept electronic payments.
- Marketing and promotion — We help raise awareness and drive adoption of online services with targeted marketing expertise and support.
- Customer service — We are available by live chat, email and phone to best meet the needs of our partners and customers.
How does SC.gov improve SC government operations?
SC.gov provides citizens and businesses with an easy, efficient and secure way to conduct business with South Carolina government. State agencies and local governments gain efficiencies from offering Internet-based services.
Partnering with SC.gov allows government entities to take advantage of SC.gov's infrastructure and security and provide services via the Internet, including:
- Financial transactions,
- Applications for licenses, permits, registrations, and other related documents and
- Data searches
- Any other applications that require security
SC.gov's master agreement with the state allows state and local government entities to utilize the services offered by SC.gov without having to go through the formal procurement process.
How is SC.gov funded?
SC.gov operates under an innovative self-funded model and is not supported by appropriated funds. Applications are built at no cost to governmental entities. Revenue to support SC.gov comes primarily from nominal transaction fees associated with some of the online services we create, host and maintain. These enhanced access fees are used to fund the development of additional online e-government services.
Oversight of SC.gov
The Master Agreement with the State of South Carolina establishes an eGovernment Oversight Committee that helps to set policies and overall priorities, approve projects and services, authorize access fees and ensure that the portal utilizes funds in the best interests of the State.
How can I find out more information about partnering with SC.gov?
For more information, please call (803) 771-0131 in Columbia or (866) 340-7105 toll-free and press 1 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since inception in 2005, SC.gov has *:
* Through December 31, 2013
- Processed more than 25.8 million transactions for state and local government in SC
- Grown SC.gov unique site visitors an average of 10% since 2010
- Collected more than $691 million in revenue for state and local government partners
- Implemented 66 unique applications and 926 interactive services
- 2013: » Center for Digital Government - Best of the Web 4th Place in State Web Sites - SC.gov
- 2013: » Center for Digital Government - Best Fit Integrator Long Term Service Award - Palmetto Pay Payment Processing Solutions
- 2013: » W3 Silver Award – Government Web Site – SC.gov
- 2013: » W3 Silver Award – SC.gov Promotional Video
- 2013: » Davey Silver Award – Government Web Site – SC.gov
- 2013: » The SC Chapter of the Government Management Information Systems (GMIS) Elite Achiever Award – SC.gov Portal Redesign
- 2013: » International Association of Commercial Administrator’s Outstanding Partnership Merit Award - UCC Online - SC Secretary of State
- 2012: » Digital Government Achievement Award for the UCC Online application with the SC Secretary of State
- 2012: » The SC Chapter of the GMIS Elite Achiever Award - UCC Online
- 2011: » SC State Library Notable State Document Award for the SC School Report Card Database
- 2011: » NIC Lifetime Achievement Award – SC.gov Palmetto Pay
- 2011: » NIC Best New Application Award - UCC Online application with the SC Secretary of State
- 2010: » Center for Digital Government Best Fit Integrator Performance Award for Portal
- 2010: » Administration and Online Services
- 2010: » Digital Government Achievement Award Honorable Mention for the SC Appliance Rebate Program
- 2009: » Rutgers University State eGovernance Survey - 4th overall and 1st in content
- 2008: » Information Technology Council’s Palmetto Pillar Award
- 2008: » Campaign Finance Reporting - Electronic Filing named among Best in Nation
- 2007: » The SC Chapter of the GMIS Elite Achiever Award
- 2006: » SC State Library Notable State Document Award for the State’s Web site